12-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #40
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niart906 View Post
Almost forgot to update this thread...

Went and saw the car last week, it was in reasonable shape for 100k miles. Front bumper was dusted from rocks, and the PO kissed a pole on the rear. So it would need them both resprayed. The PO also couldn’t park for sh!t, all of the wheels were curbed to varying degrees. The interior was in great shape, the driver seat and bolster held up very well. Almost no wear to be seen. Shift knob was greasy and discolored, but an easy fix. The CF trim on the dash near the vents was oddly worn. The painted portion on the bottom was peeling heavily, no idea how that wore.

More importantly, it drove well. The dealership had new PSS’s put on, but they did a crap job on the alignment. It drove straight, but the wheel was crooked. Should be an easy fix assuming the suspension is straight. The engine was smooth, no odd noises and pulled well.

All things considered, I was interested but the dealership refused to move on price. The car was originally listed for $33,990, then the day after I called about the car it went up to $34,990. Luckily I took a screenshot of their webpage with the old price and told the salesman we needed to discuss the price starting from there. (He denied having upped the price until I showed him the picture)

Long story short, they’re very nearly under water on this car. I told the salesman I need to be at $32k or better to sign papers that day considering the wear and tear on the car and the lapse in servicing paperwork. When I decided to walk away, he let slip that they have about $34,500 into this particular car. I told him he will need to find a sucker, because anyone that has owned an M car before knows what the maintenance is like. And for $45k I can get into another 15 M3 with half the miles. No way is that thing worth $35k as it sits.
I can get behind a 100k car (thought I'd say it was worth less than what you were offering)....but....

1. Badly curbed wheels +
2. Rough shape bumpers +
3. Alignment off +
4. Any gaps in maintenance

=
No deal

This is a ~3 year old car with 100k miles. It shouldn't have had time to develop stories

I will say I like that they were basically trying to hold near 50% original price for a car with 100k miles on it. Gives me hope for mine