View Single Post
      08-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #87
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Brakes are clearly some large multi piston units. However, the rotors appear to be the traditional M floating design. Although far better than a 1 piece design BMWs floaters typically do not allow much airflow since th hat blocks the vents...

To the folks comments on looks, mirrors, etc: The production M3, coupe or sedan will look nothing like this very early mule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanh View Post
Well, since the current M3 gets 24mpg, the new one better get 30mpg..

Again, if you push hard, both cars will get awful mpg... You will only have the benefit on freeway driving, and depending on you driving habits and commute, the new M3 may not be all that economical. It may not be justified to have 2more mpg and loose a high revving V8 masterpiece.. That's my whole point.

Agreed on M3 is not a sports car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Thinking of the "electric turbo" as a supercharger, since that's really what it is, will make your head hurt less.

And 24mpg??? Mine never broke 15.
In my experience 20 mpg is not attainable at normal freeway speeds of 65-80, perhaps 55.

Come on South - share some references! Sure we trust M3post.com has better information than most of us members and even better than most magazines, blogs, etc. However, without a source it remains speculation.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0