12-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #60
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
The driver was not bothered by M, in Germany there are laws that prevent people from being secretly photographed without their permission so "spy shots" violate this law. Cameras on the roads for speed are permitted as you acknowledge this when you get a license. This is how it was explained to me anyways.

From what I was told most driving is now done at night, they hate being stalked but due to certain labor agreements not all testing can be done at night- if you have noticed there is a steady fall off of spy shots.... considering how many models are being developed. When was the last M6 spy shot? That car is nearly done with development.

The people I know don't care for the publicity and hate being at a traffic light and having someone walk around the car with a camera for many reasons- personal privacy, safety and just annoyance being some of them. It is not like you can get much from some of these images anyhow.

-M
Interesting. I highly doubt it is illegal to take pictures of folks driving on public roads in Germany. Either way, two wrongs don't make a right and giving someone the finger is not exactly exuding a professional demeanor...
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0