04-20-2012, 02:52 AM   #93
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Interesting errors in the AutoZeitung render where they dont seem to distinguish M from M-Sport which escapes me for some reason.

The InsideLine render (of the aerodynamics packet only) is more accurate.

A new AutoBild Render is coming soon.
SO now there are the new details about the new M3 from the AutoBild!

In todays AutoBild with great BMW cover story ... Special attention also to the 3er/4er models. And as the Scott26 announced in advance, a new rendering of the M3 is.

AutoBild "Fakts" for the new M3:
- Release Date in 2014
- Rendering is F30 M-sport without fogger + with m-grill
- Engine is an I6 (reinforced + pimped N55?)
- Horsepower as the S65 420HP
- NM-power instead of 400NM now 480NM
- Weight 200kg less to be confirmed

On the whole, nothing spectacular new ... less except for a first mention of 200kg in a print medium. Amazing that the same magazine has spoken in the last issue of a new M3 Coupe with 450HP appearing in 2013 R6 Bi-or TriTurbo.
In particular, the power rating of 420hp (amazing that the PS-data turn out in all recent publications now lower!) as in the E9x would worry me - if they would agree to -, because that would indicate 100% an absolute cost saving motor on N55 base (reinforced crankcase plus modified turbo system and otherwise the most equal to) . A good performance would be - if the weight is right - still really outstanding ... but for "only" 420hp they can leave in principle the "old" S65 inside - would be the same engine weight as an "strengthened" and at least with one more turbo fitted N55 ... well the EU fuel consumption in the S65 would approximately 1ltr. higher and he would have a lower torque ... but damn it would again an absolute M dream car and an "must-have" ... and it exposes the current Downsizingstrategie from BMW as what it is - pure profit maximization by maximum cost reduction ... and only secondarily owed to the environment issues.
Appreciate 0