07-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #20
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Really that's your argument against the cayman in a comparison if the 2 cars 0-280kph sprint? I mean as great as the M4 is, why is the comparison about practicality in this mix when you're doing a blast to 160-170mph? Who cares how many suitcases I can fit into the car when I'm doing that type of driving, or how many bodies fit in the back seat.

For the record the cayman has the same amount of doors as the M4, actually 1 more trunk over the M4. Better driving dynamics (particularly the steering feel), mid engine most importantly WAAAAY BETTER ENGINE note and to boot yes, yes it is amazing that it 2900lbs down 100hp and down 130lbs of tq is putting down comparable numbers although slightly slower.

I'll take the 981 cayman s every time. Until I have 2 or 3 kids running around I'll worry about the back seat. And even then a coupe is totally irrelevant because you're going to want a saloon/sedan ala M3...

Carry on.
Why the argument? His statement makes sense, and yes for many it is important to be practical and fast not just fast. Who cares I have a roof, why not just buy a bike, when you drive that fast?

What stops you? Sell the bimmer and buy the Porsche. Life is too short to live in compromise...
Appreciate 0