View Single Post
      07-29-2014, 07:47 AM   #12
DreF80///M3
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 JTD View Post
His inaccurate and poorly researched comments regarding the DCT gearbox particularly annoyed me.

“a seven-speed flappy-paddle gearbox that offers no creep. Unlike a standard automatic, the car won’t move until you put your foot on the accelerator. Which makes parking a jerky bloody nightmare.”
- Incorrect: The M4 does have the ability to creep – It’s called “Low Speed Assistant” and activated by one small tap on the accelerator.

“And while we are on the subject of the gearbox, I was forever being told by bongs and rude messages that I might not turn off the ignition until I had put the gearlever into Park. But as far as I could see, there was no Park. What you have to do to solve the problem is to slam the lever this way and that while swearing.”
- Incorrect: You don’t have to do anything other than switch off the ignition – The car is just warning you with a check control message that you have left the ignition on and that it will not auto engage park until you switch it off.
You are correct. It was hard to take any of this review seriously after reading these two "points" in particular. I love a good manual transmission, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the DCT in the F8x series.
Appreciate 0