View Single Post
      05-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #58
BallHog5873
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Manual, 2016 328D Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavjr99 View Post
I just took delivery of my first M car. M4, black, black full leather, manual. I am in NY and the front plate issue has plagued me for years.

A few things to say. First of all, I have been driving different variants of 911s since 1989 exclusively until I traded in my 2009 Turbo for a 2014 Cayman S. Impressions . . . The Cayman S was my favorite Porsche. It was awesome. Go figure. That said, once I test drove the M4, I was sold. After 3 days with the car, It has blown me away. My favorite car ever, bar none. And from a value perspective, it's an incredible bargain.

But now, back to the topic at hand, the front plate. I refuse to drill, and I have tried everything from tow hook mounts to the Skene mount (not bad at all) on my previous Porsches. Sto N Sho is hands down the GREATEST solution. ZERO drilling and totally solid (I chose the lower mount option, as there are 2). The plate can be installed or removed in under 3 seconds. I actually went back to the dealership this morning to show the techs. They were BLOWN AWAY. Sorry no pics I am old and busy, but I needed to pass this along.

I am new to the forum, new to the M family, so i just wanted to help out. Mods already are IND painted side markers and 35% tint all around. That will GROW! Love this car. Happy to be here!
Did you just use the 3M tape or are their screw holes down there you can connect to? Thanks.
I had one of these on my last car and it was great, that car had screw holes you could undo and screw the bracket into.
Appreciate 0