View Single Post
      12-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #36
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

swamp, there are indeed rumors to that effect, but I'm sure you are as skeptical about that price claim as myself and others. The standard RC has already debuted and it is very clear they are targeting the 4 Series, A5/S5, G37 (soon to be Q60), C Class coupe, and ATS coupe. In other words this is the would-be IS coupe. So then it is pretty unlikely, at least to me, that they intend to charge six figures for the performance RC-F model.

As for the engine rumor, it is much more believable. It is going to be interesting to see if they let it rev this time around. The IS-F had a redline of 6800 RPM, I think they will have raised it as part of the effort to get 10% more power (or more).

This car could be the answer for those who want the Mustang engine in a package with more luxury features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
is the RCF still slated to have a 5.0l V8 making about 460 hp and be priced around 100k. Everything sounds great about that except the price. Will there be a true Lexus M4 competitor as close to it in price and performance as the IS-F was to the M3?
Appreciate 0