View Single Post
      04-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #41
edev
Private
Rep
Drives: S/C E39 M5, Z3 M Coupe, e12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Nowhere does it say that touring cars have to be 2 doors.
Mercedes raced with their C63 sedan prior to the release of the coupe, again to somehow project the image that the coupe is somehow more "race inspired".
The shell that they choose to put over the carbon monocoque chassis has nothing to do with 2 door or 4 door & everything to do with which production car the manufacturer wants it to bear resemblance to in public eye. Performance will be the same. Think RC car, whether you put a shell that looks like a 7-series or a shell that looks like a 2-series on that electric motor underneath will yield that same results. Same applies to DTM.
This I know. In responding to the poster that I quoted, I'm sure BMW has a reason why they continued to use a coupe for their DTM vehicle. Perhaps to show that the M4 is "Sportier" than the M3? Who knows. However, I'd choose an M3 over an M4. Same thing applies when talking about an E90 M3 and an E92 M3. I'd choose a sedan every time. Give it time and BMW will release photos of the new DTM car with the E30 M3.
Appreciate 0