View Single Post
      06-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #21
Manbnda
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0o0fy View Post
I totally agree, that's terrible. The overlay is ugly, laggy and almost useless with such a low update rate. I was trying to meet the previous poster that it has been done in an integrated way before by a manufacturer. I however have issues with that kind of implementation. In addition to the point that you raised about the lack of versatility you are also tied to the car's system and you rely on the manufacturer to update it. And we know they are generally not that great at moving forward especially old MY (I think MY 2011 E9x owners will agree on that one!). A decoupled approached with a tech company controlling the software seems to make more sense and will have a bit more interest in keeping things fresh and up to date.
Well, yes. I agree that in pretty much everything 3rd party solutions are more specialized and work better… BMW doesn't normally come up with interesting software updates in the cars, and they always upgrade hardware as well. I guess Tesla has a better vision with technology...
Appreciate 0