02-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #109
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I know of several brand new M4 GTS in-stock right now sitting on dealer lots selling for significantly less than MSRP. It is unfortunate as I really consider the value hurt by uneducated reviewers who do not understand what the essence of the car is, or the setup required to get the most out of the car. But that is the world we live in, where the unwashed masses look at a video of Jeremy Clarkson scraping the splitter on a speedbump of a factory caged track car with adjustable suspension and automatically declare it garbage.

Morons. I am not lucky enough to own a M4 GTS (I have a M2), but it's the same sentiment that pisses me off from the guys bashing the M2 for being "too loud inside" or the "ride being too stiff."

Buy a camry if that's what you want. I'd rather the brand go the other way entirely, and the M4 GTS represents a step in the right direction.
FYI, those MSRP gts are being slowly bought out for export. Chinese had to pay $300,000 a piece for a total of 14 and Europe did not fare much better at close to $200,000 a piece. What do you think is going to happen? Much easier to go around import taxes on used cars. It is a global market out there and it is very easy to adapt those cars to those specific markets. Those will be gone within a month but, sadly, will end up in climate controlled garages.

Last edited by jpdchicago; 02-13-2017 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0