b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
Nice marketing talk!

You can see on all the footage how big the car really is. It more an M5 taking on the nurburgring and not an E36 or E46 M3.

You can see in the slides how much time you have to correct it. That means it s wheelbase is pretty large.

As a fun car you really need a less long wheelbase to get more agility and then need faster responses to catch a car out of a slide. For me it brings more exitement to drive a car like the 1M.

I really like the auto blip on downshifts and all the weight savings now bring it on in a smaller 2 series M car.
Agreed on the fun factor but I'd probably be a helluva lot more confident getting the tail loose on the new m3 than my 1M. Not all of us have the same car control you have!

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the M2 will not feature an I-6 but a turbo I-4. No reason it won't be superb, but definitely won't sound like this!
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0