06-28-2017, 09:48 PM   #51
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsChrisM View Post
I just went down a rabbit hole on dash-cam-talk forums and couldn't quite find the answer I was looking for.

Does anyone know (roughly) the battery usage implications of "event" vs. "park" mode on blackvues and such?

I'm thinking "event" is only triggered by an impact so it shouldn't be recording constantly the way that "park" records almost constantly (apparently the motion triggers are super sensitive) but I may be totally wrong and perhaps it does still record constantly and only flags the video during an event. I go a full week without driving sometimes and I'm wondering how many hours of battery usage I'll get from the Cell-Link B if I just keep the cam in events mode. I only really care about using it for any hit-and-runs in my parking garage so no need to capture every little motion.
From what I can remember, BlackVue is constantly recording regardless. When "impact" happens it saves it. When it runs out of room it will override the oldest video file etc.

I have a friend who has Cellink B and from what I can remember Cellink B does run out if you don't drive for a week which means BlackVue will turn off. At least that is what I think happens. I could be wrong.

martial
Flacht31138.00