10-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #109
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Do not rely on these interviews in automotive circles to tell you what is happening because it is pure diversion. Although you think you are getting the hard facts. It is not the time to announce anything substantial.

But some drop little hints or branches to let you know something is afoot.

Interview with Ian Robertson for UK Broadsheet.

There have been rumors that the new Coupe and Cabrio will be carrying a 4-series badge. What does this mean for the M3?
"The M3 is enormously important to us" I cannot confirm the rumours, but whatever the badges on the bootlid, there will be an M3 Model.

Note- Whatever the badges. and There will be an M3 model instead of model(s).

If BMW makes the ///M3 a sedan and ///M4 a coupe that is major FAIL. Sorry, but the best ///M sedan is the ///M5, the ///M3 has always been the flagship coupe. I mean, there hasn't always been a sedan, it seems like it comes and goes every other year model year.

If they label the coupe as an ///M4 I'm gonna blow my top. Seriously, why does BMW think DIFFERENT = BETTER. As much as holding on to the past is no good, just chucking it aside isn't either.

But who am I kidding, I'm sure most of the ///M buying public has no idea the history of ///M or even what size engine is under their hoods, nor do they care. Sad really.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0