///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Thanks for a good write up!
I'm heading to Italy myself in about 2 weeks from now. It's not my first time but it's nice with the reminders.

Question, did your American credit card work at all toll booths?

I'm dual citizen so I have both a European driver license and credit card but I would prefer to use my American card. Did all toll booths you passed take credit cards or was it coins only at some? I'll be visiting Bologna ( hotel inside the ZTL zone ) and the lakes btw.

I hear you about Florence the first time I visited by car, almost 20 years ago I didn't have navi just a standard paper map. It was quite nice to sit down with a Peroni after parking at my inner city hotel...
I was able to use my credit card on the booths that accepted them. I could have probably found the right booth to use it on all of them, but there wasn't a lot of time to dally around to find the right lane. Canadian cards are chip enabled and that works in Europe too.

Look into the Telepass though. That thing would have been the shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963 View Post
Nice write-up. We drove our 550i in Florence looking for a laundromat. Big mistake. Holy shit, I think I lost 10 years off of my life. One trip around the block and back to the Hotel and public transportation of us in the inner City.

Do they still have two menus in the restaurants? One for locals (lower prices, but in Italian) and one in English with higher prices.
I don't know probably because they would have me pegged for the guy who they stick with the higher priced menu. I will say that a lot of the waiters were quite surprised when tipped generously. Europeans are apparently cheap tippers. I kept to my habits, though, even if I did get the 'special' menu.