View Single Post
      09-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Yes guys, I've sort of overlooked the "comparably equipped" language. If one takes that strictly literally it means I must be wrong.

However, I am jaded by multiple BMW product launches and "cleverness in business" type of statements they have made and continue to make. We all heard it right here in this forum all about the "weight reduction" in the E92. What happened was actually many good efforts to counter a massive weight gain. The result was a large net weight gain. Marketing, marketing, marketing...

As pointed out above I guess only time (and a good scale) will tell. I just don't see how with very the modest use of CF (and magnesium, etc.) they obtained ~3300 (less driver) without the 40 or so pounds of savings the CSiC brakes provide.

However, if you also give BMW a "pass" on using different weight reporting standards for production cars and pre production ones then that is certainly your right. How many folks have been absolutely slack jawed now about 3300 lb comparing that directly to 3700. We've seen post after post here of this.

Anyone want to make a friendly wager on the topic? In short my contention would be that a roughly 3300 lb F82 M4 must have CSiC brakes.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0