Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Master View Post
M division engineers cant change the laws of physics. Yes they had to make it better and follow the stiff new emission regulations and keep the price tag the same this is an amazing achievement. The sound can always be much better with performance exhaust or after market one for those who want more. Torque is what people feel on the street driving much more than the sound for most. That huge leap in torque is a gonna be awesome. This is a product no one is twisting your arm to buy it. Stop with the winning and if you find a better car for you than buy that one. You can't please everyone but this is a huge leap in the right direction the way i see it.
Yet Mercedes AMG can make a TT V8 sound great. Far better than the S63tu.
And if we talk about TT inline 6 engines, the Supra with the 2jz-GTE and the GT-R with the RB26 both with stock exhaust sound better (to my ears) than S55.

And with Mercedes introducting Inline 6 engines again, we may see how theirs stands up aurally to the S55 and the B58.

I don't think it's whining, it's a legitimate complaint. Many who have tested the car have said the same thing consistently. That should tell you something.
Exactly
Appreciate 0