United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnash View Post
Damn right I wont consider it! Ive dreamed of owning an "M3 coupe" all my life even though there are better cars out there in my budgeted price bracket. So yes, I want the M3 partly because of the performance, but also because it is a part of automotive history. My plan is to keep the M3 as a hobby car long-term and change my second car every few years, so yeah the car I want to keep long term has to have some historic significance behind it and the M4 just wont. I frankly dont care about what other car guys or non-car guys think about my car...but "I" wouldnt think much of a BMW M4 compared to an M3 and that does matter.
To each their own, but that seems a little ridiculous to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnash View Post
Other than to up the price of the much-desired mid-size coupe M car (as Audi has successfully proven), I dont understand the need to differentiate. Any other reasons?
The coupes have already cost more than their sedan counterparts, but sure, this could lead to a larger price differential. That point aside, BMW has been hinting for quite a while that they would like all sedan, hatch, and touring models to be odd numbered, and all coupes, convertibles, roadsters, and 4-door coupes to be even numbered.