05-13-2016, 10:47 AM   #31
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
According to my, SA they fully update the car with the new software if you bring it in for anything. I'm quite a while out for an oil change, but I have had the "NO SIGNAL" display on my monitor a couple of times since I've had the car. I'll bring it in for that and get the new software.

Anyway, just ask your SA and I'm sure they will work with you to get it done under warranty/for free. Obviously, it is definitely dealership dependent though how much they will work with you on stuff like this.
Yup, another reason to have a great relationship with your dealership/SA, they can put it through as warranty work for any number of reasons if they wish to. They get paid from BMW for the work and you get a free update, win/win on both sides. But if you're always going in and breaking their balls over trivial stuff, in these particular cases they might not want to help you with the update. If manditory they have to, if up to the disgresion of the dealership then this is where relationships help. I'm sure this is not new for most of us.
Appreciate 2