05-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #34
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerich0 View Post
So does this update make the suspension harder or more comfortable?
Both. Just got back from picking mine up after the upgrade to 58.3. There are discernible and measurable differences.

I have a bumpy corner near me that I usually use to test. The Non-ZCP would step out at 30 and above in any mode, the ZCP didn't in my test drive (up to 45, dealer was sitting in the car with me). The newly updated Non-ZCP doesn't step out at under 45 in sport or Sport+, but it did before the upgrade.

Suspension- You can only do so much with software, but it is noticeable.

Comfort - More REBOUND!!! Finally. The car no longer floats after slow transitions. It is no softer, but this helps it feel more "comfortable" to me.

Sport - Appears they backed down the compression for higher speed transitions. Otherwise it feels the same.

Sport+ - Appears they backed down the compression for higher speed transitions. Otherwise it feels the same.

Engine - Nothing new to report
Exhaust - Nothing new to report

DCT - Still clunky at low speeds. Noted that it no longer makes a loud "Clunk" when going from reverse to drive.

DTC - Here is where the magic happened. (Tested in abandoned parking lot near me.)

DTC On - This acts much like US MDM used to but more permissive. Hairpin from a stop it will now allow some rotation, but not sliding. 1st -2nd in D3 full throttle - Allows the tires to spin and lets you keep going. Very minimal interference at all. Before if I tried either of these would cut the power so severely that it felt like I tapped the brakes.

DTC MDM - This acts much like EU MDM used to but more permissive. Hairpin from a stop it will now allow rotation with NO interference. I could loop the car. NP. When I tried to pull a donut it came in and resisted me. 1st -2nd in D3 full throttle - Allows the tires to spin and lets you keep going. NO interference at all. Before if I tried either of these would cut the power so severely that it felt like I tapped the brakes.

DTC Off - No Change, but the rear feels much more planted (New Diff programing?). With the immense changes to the other settings I couldn't feel this.

Net of this change. Where has this car been? I was in love before, now I've fallen in love all over again. I think what they did with the DTC is to stop killing the power and do it all with the brakes. The difference is startling. Can't wait for my next track day.

(Note: All of the above was after I drove around to let the tires warm up.)