Thread: SSOTT
View Single Post
      02-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #95
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

GrussGott, I have my first disagreement with you for the year! Although it is a minor one.

I've been lurking in the thread where the guy got the individual stitching wrong. I normally agree with you to move on with your life, but not in this case. People order individual for a reason because they want it well individual to their tastes. BMWNA or AG, it doesn't matter to me, is selling a very expensive premium service on top of a supposedly already premium experience the brand is pushing/marketing/selling. Now, I'll agree some go overboard in what they want for compensation, but the usual BMW aw shucks oh well response is bullshit. Getting it wrong (and it sounds like it happens all too often) is not a very premium experience. In his case if they want him to keep the car, I don't think his request of the stictiching AND cost of the leather refund is exorbitant. If you (BMW) fuck up on the premium experience you better fix it in a premium way. Especially with the profit they are making on these cars.

I also disagree with others who are saying he should've refused delivery. Most aren't even in a position to do that because they turned in their leased cars or are picking it up during Euro delivery. I suppose they could extend the lease a couple of months with BMWFS.

First world problems, but I'd be pissed if I paid that much and waited that long and a major part of it was wrong. C'mon BMW.

By the way, what did they fuck up on your car?
Appreciate 0