View Single Post
      10-27-2017, 06:45 AM   #263
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
I think there is a big misunderstanding of what both of us are saying. I do not disagree with you at all since I do not know anything about this M3 "CS".

Quote:
All I am trying to say that a regular production model can become something completely different by drawing a parallel with the M3 GTS. However, I'm 99.9% sure this is not a CRT. I'm also a very skeptical person, before I saw the buildsheet my "bullshit meter" was going off the scale regarding Gatte's posts. But so far, everything he said adds up. Could be a lucky guess, but I doubt it.
I totally understand where you are coming from.

It may yet get the M3 CS name. But, even if that happens, just due to how much time is left, it’s going to end up being very limited. The M3 is already produced in smaller numbers compared to the M4, so this will presumably be more constrained than the M4 CS, and obviously only produced for a few short months. Given those parameters, I am skeptical we can expect content similar to the M4 CS minus OLEDs and a price reflecting that omission.

Quote:
Highly unlikely, cause look at this

3W91 - F80 M3 CRT S55B30T0 ECE
3W92 - F80 M3 CRT S55B30T0 RHD
3W93 - F80 M3 CRT S55B30T0 US
These are older cars right? Obviously they are building newer ones now, but it is pretty interesting that the pics show the old headlights and old seat badges. But then maybe the car in post #88 was built long after these, but still prior to March 2017. Edit: I see that car was built in July 2017. So, we have yet to see one. Maybe if we finally get shots of one of these other test cars said to be out there, they’ll give us a better picture of what the final content is.
Appreciate 0