View Single Post
      12-06-2017, 08:12 AM   #4
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

A couple of thoughts to add to what others wrote:

- Don't put any money down on a lease
- You may be able to get some benefit in a new lease for bringing in a low mileage car to a dealer - it's a low probability and 20K is not that low. I just did this with my wife's car (Honda) with 5K miles (don't ask) after three years and they gave me $300 on a $18K car towards a new lease
- Keep in mind that BMW will give you $200-$300 back at the end of the lease based on unused mileage (you have to be 10-20% below your total mileage allowance for three years). Call them to check exactly what they give back, irrespective of whether you get a new lease with them or not
- the lease vs buy decision you have to make on your own based on your circumstances. I am in finance and run all sorts of scenarios on lease vs buy and concluded that with low interest rates leases are almost the same in total ownership cost as buying plus the free option to get a new car every three years. No need to worry about maintenance and warranty costs, obsolete designs and technology, etc.
- BMW has made some changes to their lease programs this year that makes leasing with BMW more expensive (no MSDs, lowered residuals, etc.) that will also impact your lease vs. buy decision.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0