01-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #54
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MtoM3 View Post
Couldnt agree more.....such a thick hoodline from the side....ishhhhh ..
When i saw the f30 for the first time , I knew I wouldnt like the new M3 mostly because of the style....
I mean thats what made the E46 look so good , the fact that the hood plunges right after the wheel while just skimming the top of the wheel arch.
This is not good to my eye.
Bingo, loved that about the E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MtoM3 View Post
ITS THE THICK HOOD LINE!!! AHHHHHHH!!
Its anti-BMW traditionnal/typical styling .
THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
The only thing that gets me over the fact they are going away from NA to turbo is the fact I can afford and plan to keep my e92 m3 in pristine condition through the years of track and heavy road use. Will re-build hte motor someday if it comes to that and take very good care of it. But if you are able to keep the e92 and simply add the new f30 m3 to the lineup, I think it is an awesome combination. You can have two totally different driving experiences at your finger tips.

As long as I have one high revving screaming NA sports car at any given time, I am ok. 8700 RPMS in my e92 tuned m3 with high flow cats will provide an experience that is simply never going to be matched by these new M cars-but if you change your mindset and instead of trying to compare the new f30 as a replacement and think of it as more of an addition to the e92 than it makes a lot of sense and I look forward to it
AMEN! Hoping to replace my 328 with a '13 M3 when I get out of med school in 4 years. Should be able to find a decently priced low mileage one.
Appreciate 0