View Single Post
      01-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #36
boomn29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk View Post
I drove the f30 335i all m-sport for about a week. I got the e90 335i with lots of tune. Now i got the m3 with the adaptive suspension.
The ride quality in the comfort mode is good and the new m3 could be the good daily driver plus the track day car.
In all comfort modes the m3 seems to be like the 335i m sport.
If you need a daily driver both cars can be 355i and m3. I like the m3 because of the dct, differential, more linear power delivery and better look inside/outside plus the ability to go on track.
If you are not going to the track the 335i m sport is a very cool car too and I really enjoyed to drive it. The zf8 with paddle sifter is good for the city, it is more easy to park it wit the auto transmission vs the dct. I really liked the passive dampers on the m suspension setting. And all around is a cool car too. But if we compare it to the m3 - the m3 is another league in terms of drivertrain.

If you don't need to spend a lot of money and you need a cool daily driver, you can go with e 335i m sport.
If you a looking for a more sporty car, to go on track, to take place in some sport events or you are addicted to the technical things like dct and active differential, throttle response, the ability to change lots of settings, so go with the m3, it is definitely better.

PS after the m car, I will never go back to the regular bmw. But I like to go on track sometimes and I'm addicted to all this technical data. I sold my 335i after the first track day on it. This is not the car build for such events.

PSS I had a road trip on my m3 and the ride quality was great, the fuel consumption too. So I had only positive feedback on this car. It is definitely the car all around.
Thanks for the 335i vs M3 feedback. It's been hard to find!

I own a 2012 335i Sport (with M-PPK and exhaust). Still under warranty, but will be looking at the next ride this summer. M3 is at the top of the list. I won't track it; I rent caged cars when I weekend race - so that aspect is out. I want something nicer and faster basically.
S4's are quick but blah and I hate the seats. The ISF's you can't disable T/C I hear and the M 63's are crazy expensive. Didn't hear good stuff about the F10 M5's but perhaps I should look into a used one - They run about the same as a 2015 M3 nowadays.
Appreciate 0