05-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #38
zstoja
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Buick

60 miles Mustang story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015blackm3 View Post
Hahaha...this couldn't have been better said. I went to my local BMW dealership to drive a 335i before ordering one. Then my CA recommended I drive the M3. LOL. You cannot ever drive an M3/4 and ever go back to a 335i. They are day and night different and fit and finish in the M cars is light years ahead of the 335i. Needless to say I ordered an M3.

NEVER DRIVE AN M CAR IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A 335!! Lol
LOL. I was in the same boat. I tried 535i and after that 550i. Never back. But oil consumption and N63 engine problem made me to gave up. Now, I want M3 with adaptive suspension, maybe it is not stiff for me, I have to test it. I want new one. I do not want track, but must jump when I start to think about it, manual gear.

I have Audi 2.0 TFSI 2006 in Europe. I tested Mustang 5.0 here in US. I expected much faster car, but it was big disappoint for me. After tasting I was asked what I thought about the car. I said that up to 60 miles so-so, nothing special, after 60 miles like rocket.
The dealer said to drive it more on highway. I knew that I did not want to but it, but why not to drive it. Nothing special, the same story on highway.

After I left the car second time two guys from Ford. One of them says that they did not have guy who has said that it was not so fast up to 60 miles, after that much faster, so he wanted to see me. He says it is true, because it is made in that way not to eat gas so much. Can be some tuning, but again, it was not enough for me. I am old guy, but no more than 40.000 miles in my life with car...
Appreciate 0