View Single Post
      06-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #46
Cammy5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i M Sport 6MT

Buying an F80 next year - ZCP or no?

Hello! I currently have a 2016 328i 6MT that I've added some modifications to (see signature) but have talked some sense into myself and decided to go with an F80 6MT towards next summer. I'll be looking at a pretty loaded M3 (exec pkg which I further assume with have the adaptive full LEDs come 2018), full leather, etc but keep going back and forth between the standard version and the ZCP. A little background about me: I'll be using the car as a daily driver (10 miles each way to the office), family vehicle (will be getting married just prior to the purchase but no kids for a year or so we are thinking), and HPDE instrument (I've been to 5 total weekend events - 2 in my current F30, and the others in my previous car, an ATS).

While I have tuned and upgraded various components in my current F30 I do not *plan* to do any of those upgrades in my future F80. I'll probably do some strategic carbon fiber pieces but that's about it. So here are my questions regarding the standard M3 vs the ZCP M3

1) Sound. In watching a few videos on YouTube I've heard that the exhaust sound is a bit different (better). What's the consensus on this? Also, wasn't the sound that many complained about addressed even on the standard version for 2017/18? My only frame of reference on the sound is a friend's 2015 M3 6MT.

2) Ride quality. With the adaptive suspension being standard on the base M3 now, is the only difference now between how firm the ZCP becomes in Sport and Sport+ modes. The 20" wheels on the ZCP do give me a little pause as to ride quality.

The cost is not a huge concern, however, I am thinking for almost the same price as the ZCP package I could do Individual Ferrari Red.

Looking forward to any and all discussion from owners and enthusiasts on this!
*M Performance Big Brake Kit
Appreciate 0