09-20-2011, 03:21 AM   #203
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstoner92 View Post
A couple of things I want to comment on here...

1) This was said several times, but again people continue to miss the point of the OP, THIS IS NOT REALLY AN M3 SEDAN, IT IS A MULE
2) On the HPFP concerns, frankly I would ignore it. No matter if you have a blown I6, or a NA V8, any car is going to have issues. That is why BMW has many of those things called engineers to figure it out when there are problems and fix it.

3) There is still a lot of speculation about what engine is under the hood. IDK ig the OP has true inside info, or what. If we trust the guys at M division to take a normal 3er and turn it into an absolute beast, why not trust them to take whatever engine they please and do the same thing?

No offense, but I think that alot of us speculating (myself included) forget that the guys working on the motors, turbos, and M3 project in general are professionals. This IS what they do for a living.

[Rant] [/Rant]
to 1) ... this quote is wrong(!!!) ... THIS CAR IS NO MULE ITS AN REAL M3 PROTOTYPE ... also Scott26 has confirmed the F80 M3 sedan, from which this car is first prototype !

to 2) ... but you couldnīt ignore that the S65 has nearly no known issues and on the other hand the N54 has many...

to 3) ... to the time the OP started this thread, the information were that the M-GmbH had made an descision towards the S55 based on the N55 ... now it seems so that they had changed this descision towards an engine concept they had patented last year ... and it could be that this engine would be an totally new developed one and not based on an existing BMW AG engine!
Also it could be that the M-GmbH drops the costly TriTurbo-Concept and chose an simplier BiTurbo FI system if this also fulfil the performence needs.

Greets Uli_HH
Appreciate 0