06-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #47
M4me
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoN][c View Post
I called in today and found out that production is complete!! This means I have a little under a week for the car to get to port if its going to make the Don Juan on July 2... do you think its possible given that the car seems to have been completed earlier than expected? I know I'm probably dreaming here....
To help with your estimating - did you hear whether the car has left the factory?? - for me that took 2 days. There's transit time to B'Haven to consider and also how many other cars are already committed and waiting for the boat (they may have a full consignment already). So, my view is if you're (very) lucky, you'll be on, if your like me, it's a 1 week wait at port. If you're unlucky, it can even be longer (and I don't know why that is but others seem to have had that experience).

The wait and uncertainty drives everyone crazy. Once you're on a boat with a fixed schedule it gets better!

I've been tracking the Independence II as its gone from B'Haven to Gothenburg and now on to Zeebrugge, Southampton and then Halifax. I'm estimating 2 weeks transit across Canada to Victoria. It's like watching paint dry.

Hope this helps and good luck.

For all - here's my experience so far. I'll keep this updated as delivery progresses

Known
Jun 16-20 - Week 25 scheduled production
Jun 9-13 - Actual production week
Jun 16 - Called BMW Canada to see if production starting on schedule and told production complete.
Jun 18 - Advised by SA that car has left factory
Jun 24 - Independence II leaves B'Haven - don't know if car is on boat or not
Jun 25 - WW website cargo tracking confirms car is on Independence II
Jun 24-Jul 07 - Independence II in transit to Halifax

Estimated
Jul 07-21 - Via rail transit across Canada
Jul 21-28 - Vancouver to Victoria transit, dealer prep and delivery

Last edited by M4me; 06-27-2014 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0