View Single Post
      12-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #405
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

It acually will do just that. When you ever try out a GTS in the wet no aero vs full aero even you will understand this!

I just look at that evo car of the year thing, and Please see that is a street test. Now look how GTS is set in aero, its street mode. Ok that not that strange as the are at street and its against the law to drive front splitter Max out full aero.

Anyway, you hear those guys say GTS is scary in wet, it lose grip so easy. So true, and to many car mag guys drive this no aero setting on track

Well guess what-the rear wing give 4kg downforce in street setting at 200. But full max aero in rear wing its 90kg downforce 200. Would you think its strange Clarkson think car was a handfull as well in the wet, (he Said same as evo)

Why -he was also in street setting on all the front and rear. But he was on a kind of track-now thats

So, belive me or not- if you drive GTS Max (not 0 aero as in street aero setting) aero in wet it that big difference you will be amazed! Totaly transformation of car, its grippy as hell vs no aero.

So, I can understand evo car of the year 2016 driving GTS no aero as they only drive street, but If they would Max out that aero front and rear on street it would been totaly tranformed car! I know this, you dont!

Clarkson well, that part I can't understand, he drove track no aero, well then its lose. No grip.

Buy the way, i drive full aero even on street, I dont care. As its adictive the way car grips in rain vs no aero on=streetmode aero. You can just take a steep back now and pop out when you spent a few full days on track with a GTS, then also you should go true no aero vs full aero, dry and wet. Then I am al ears, untill then not so much compadre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
T-1 at The Ridge is indeed a very fast turn. From videos, it reminds me of T-1 at Calabogie Motorsport Park.

From the videos I watched, it seems most fast cars turn-in around 100mph. Even a sub 1:50 Radical with tons of aero turns-in at ~110mph and apexes at ~105mph.

Regardless, I think we agree that the aero setting on the GTS' rear wing will likely not make or break the GTS in terms of handling .

Last edited by Captain Unknown GT4; 12-14-2016 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0