09-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #207
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
Whoa there cowboy ... how exactly do you know that the car in the pic is not a mule, but rather a prototype? Are you a BMW engineer working on the F80 M3? Were you the test driver of the car?

We know that there will likely be a F80 M3 sedan (although companies have been known to kill projects late in their development cycles, so it is still not a certainty that there will be a new M3 sedan). There are likely mules to test the M3 parts. There are also likely prototypes. What is shown in that picture is not known to the general public. Stating with certainty what is or is not shown in that picture necessitates you having a significant amount of insider information, which if you were actually privy to, you would not be able to post on this board (without getting fired and sued).
Its SO simple ... there would be an F80 M3 Sedan for sure and it would hit the market as early as Spring/Summer 2013 (likely first shown late 2012 as M3 Concept) and if would be the only new M3 on the market (if BMW not brings an F34 M3 GT ) ... so in this timeframe there is an high eventuality that this car is the first prototype ... an F30 mule make only sence if there wouldnīt be an M3 sedan(!) and also then it would make very little sence, because the 4er/M4 would be so different that you couldnīt test aerodynamic and dynamic parts on the F30 sedan.
This is the logical answer!
And yes I have some (half) insider information from two different sources and also collect infos in the whole net. I post nothing that was not confirmed from both sides.
But also firm insider infos could be changed by an new descision from BMW or the M-GmbH ... but today I could say the F80 M3 sedan and the timeframe is fixed(!) ... also the engine descision should be done. And the M3/M4 diversion is also highly probable.

Greets Uli_HH
Appreciate 0