jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Hi all,

Finally saw an m3 in person yesterday at the Philly car show. First off: Yes. I will go and drive it, but for now I love it.

I went over the car to find what I truly dislike, not a little but something that actually bothers me.

There is only one thing and it may be exacerbated by color: The framing around the windows. It is glaring, it is cheap looking, and it is ugly. And I would see it everyday.

I would probably look to have these parts painted gloss black (i.e. shadowline trim) or some other treatment. They are also, currently, the type of plastic which is likely to fade and not look great in a few years.

Other than that, my only other complaint is the gauges - and that's just an f30 thing. They just aren't sexy or exciting.

Personally, the other areas people have complained about are fine with me. The hood, the tail lights....and that interior is finally an interior worthy of a 3-series.

Just thought I'd share this complaint and see if anyone has ideas for treatments.
Joe don't sweat it. I'm from Yardley PA and went to Detroit figuring Philly would not get these cars. The trim on the Detroit cars was not like this. I saw and posted exactly what you are talking about. I agree it looked cheap and talked with the useless BMW people on the floor. They know nothing compared to us. There was only one useful guy named Otto from BMW that provided me assistance in getting into the cars in Detroit and PA. I do not even see M Sport 435s with that crappy plastic treatment