02-27-2018, 11:43 AM   #25
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
But also I worried a bit about his safety.

So to my question: even with your Bourne-ish skillz, do you have concerns about your safety? If so, what steps do you take in that regard?
A major red flag is when a driver is at the pickup location but the rider is nowhere to be found. This happened to me once about 4-5 weeks ago. After waiting a few minutes I text the passenger and was told that he/she was a mile away. I cancelled the ride and moved on. I sensed a set up/car jack or whatever. At night, I am constantly checking my side mirrors and my doors are locked when waiting for a passenger. If I’m waiting right in front of a bar/club with lots of people around, I’m somewhat more relaxed. I have imaged scenarios on what I could do proactively to avoid tough situations but common sense would be to NEVER LEAVE THE CAR. The Lyft driver who was shot in the back four times left his car and ran. That is something I would never do. Slam on the gas peddle and burn rubber is what I would have done.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50