View Single Post
      05-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #96
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

I admit I have become a little perplexed on some of the comments here , which are by supposed "enthusiasts."

Take the "non-aggressive" appearance.
Given the car in question is showcased by a rendering impression with some relative elements, it is in theory showcasing typical M looks. The current M3 is not a car I would call aggressive , rather a car which is understated and that is one priority example that contributes to its success.

BMW M is not really one to make their cars aggressive they are more understated. The Aerodynamics of the M-Packet are purely sculpted for function over cosmetic purpose. A BMWM. cannot return to the brutality of the 1980's the market has moved on and so has the customer.

The understated function over form appearance gives a more mature , restrained and tasteful look unlike competitors from Mercedes-Benz AMG which look way overdone cosmetically.

Power? Why only _ _ _ BHP?
Again this is what makes M great. Audi can flash higher HP and straight-line speed as much as they want but at the end of the day is the RS5 the better car? That answer is no. Because M do a complete overhaul of the chassis , steering and dynamics that reflects its position as a drivers car , having an equally good chassis from the standard model is very helpful because they know where to begin. M cars must not always be about speed it must fully involve the driver and this is a worthy sacrifice over having the top performance credentials. M knows this and has been implementing this since its conception.