11-11-2015, 06:43 PM   #14
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTURE View Post
So I'm writing this review of the Active Autowerke exhaust for those who are thinking about getting the exhaust. I was in your shoes just listening to the videos and reading some reviews on the exhaust and how deep the exhaust is and how the car no longer has the "fart" sounds. After installing the exhaust and when the car was turned on, I noticed the difference right away. It sounded just like an E92 M3. Finally a company figured out the exhaust for this car. It was a little tricky to install but not hard. Coming from an Eisenmann Exhaust (which I loved), this exhaust is very different. I do switch out parts often because I get tired of the same look. The Eisenmann was a great exhaust and had no problems or complaints about it. (It's for sale btw)

As far as the Active, you will definitely be amazed by the sound. The videos will never sound the same no matter what you do. It sounds wayyyyyy deeper in person than in the videos. If you are in the LA area and would like to hear this in person, shoot me over a PM

A special thank you to Alex @ACMWest for the great service as always. If you need any parts definitely hit him up! Great guy with a lot of knowledge. Also, thank you to Andrew @ActiveAutowerke for the service!

Here are some iPhone photos/video of the exhaust. I couldn't get too many photos since it was dark but here are some from this morning. I have uploaded a video of the exhaust but keep in mind, it does not sound anything like the video compared to what it sounds like in person. I will try to get some drive by videos of the exhaust and some more photos.

If for some reason I did lose the exhaust some how, will I purchase another one?.... The answer is definitely YES! I absolutely love this setup and I doubt I will get tired of this anytime soon.

**I did not want to rev the car because you know, neighbors **

Great looking M4. I'm really digging the AA exhaust tone. I'm just concerned about it being too loud on cold start and not loud enough when I want it to be. My neighbors would have me exiled if I didn't have the ability to switch to some sort of not-so-loud mode in the morning. My M4 is already pretty loud with valves closed with downpipes on cold start.

Two questions:

1. What size tips are those? They look larger than 90mm.

2. What deck lid spoiler is that on your car? It looks larger than the typical M-Performance style spoilers.
Appreciate 0