View Single Post
      09-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #17
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
You can continue to be confused about torque vs. power. You simply can not feel engine crank torque, you must know torque AND gearing to arrive at any sort of anything you can actually feel/sense/measure. The only other acceptable torque-ish parameter that is physically meaningful is force at the rear wheels (wheel torque / wheel radius) which depends on transmission and final drive ratio.
I'm not confused at all mate

No worries, I just know a lot of torque(at the wheels) can come in very handy and makes the experience even better than without...

Having had a E90 M3 6MT and currently my turbocharged >550Nm @ 2500rpm silly pocketrocket, I know (without scientific approaches at all) the new M3/4 with whatever twin/triturbo engine layout will be so much more powerful fun @ 'any' revs than the outgoing M3...

That's all.

I'm looking at it from a driver's point of view of a guy who isn't @ any trackday every weekend...
...well come to think of it: this weekend @ Papenburg Germany, Mercedes Benz testtrack we have a trackday again

And if you say people cannot feel 'any' torque whatsoever, I'm glad to take you for a ride in my pocketrocket, then we'll'talk again
Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0