03-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #26
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlkSapphire View Post
I know. But I'm going to trust what I hear officially from BMW and what I see on the prototypes rather than a rumor which makes little sense and goes against what other sources (official and unofficial) say.

Just take one look at the current f80 prototypes stage will tell you production can't be 6 months away. It's way too early in development still. And consider what needs to happen in the next 6 months if production is really this September -- a concept F80 has to debut first at an autoshow, then production version has to debut at auto show, and then worldwide press drives. There's just the NY show next month and then no shows until the Fall. So It's easy to see how impossible this timing is.

Thanks to kueks for sharing but just think about this timing. Its just impossible.
SCOTT26 has also said (in a recent post) that we should be hearing subtle 'winks and nods' so to speak about the new M3 in the coming weeks. and he also mentioned some autoshow in China at the end of April.

Matt Russell said no new M3 until 2013. For the North American market. What kueks is saying is 2013 spring availability (possibility European availability) of the new M3. Current rumors are that NA availability would trail after European delivery.

Still seems pretty darn compressed in terms of timelines. Ah, kueks, you can't just drop a little bomb and leave. How certain are you of this? More crumbs please... pretty please.
Appreciate 0