03-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #27
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
SCOTT26 has also said (in a recent post) that we should be hearing subtle 'winks and nods' so to speak about the new M3 in the coming weeks. and he also mentioned some autoshow in China at the end of April.

Matt Russell said no new M3 until 2013. For the North American market. What kueks is saying is 2013 spring availability (possibility European availability) of the new M3. Current rumors are that NA availability would trail after European delivery.

Still seems pretty darn compressed in terms of timelines. Ah, kueks, you can't just drop a little bomb and leave. How certain are you of this? More crumbs please... pretty please.
Here's Scott's quote from 3/3:
Quote:
The 4er Coupe and M3 Sedan is launched (not in US model year, but actual year) 2013 and given the summer release will possibly show at the IAA that September.
With the 4er Coupe and Cabrio being months apart . The 4er Coupe will definitely be in the US by the close of 2013. Meaning that the 4er Cabrio and M3 Sedan will be available in the US by Spring 2014.
The Gran Coupe 4er is expected in mid-2014. With the M appearing later in2015.

M4 Coupe and Cabrio will arrive in late 2014(Europe) early 2015(US.etc) on the market when you take in launch cycles.
And here was my breakdown of that info:

Quote:
So US dates are as follows:

F80 - Spring 2014
F82 - Spring 2015
F83 - Spring 2015
F85/6 - Fall 2015

So if I wanted to skip the first production year of each model, that would add anywhere between 6-12 months on each of those dates, depending on how the MY cycles shake up by then. Still 3-4 years away from a purchasing decision...
Taken from this thread:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=138
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0