View Single Post
      07-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Anyone else seriously worried about the F80 M3 styling?

I'm a huge fan on the swooping lines of the new M5, the aggressive lights, the subtle movements in the body work. The new M6 isn't too bad either. Maybe I just don't get it but I don't really like the new F30, mainly the front. It seems cross eyed and like it has a pig's snout.

It also has zero rake to it, yeah yeah I know european safety laws but the M5 LOOKS like the front is a smooth curve, the F30 accentuates the problem, it doesn't hide it because of the visible vertical part of the grille.

You can see that the headlight go further back but then the whole combination of perfectly flat front grille and extremely swoopy lights just makes my head hurt. I've also seen the car in person and it's no better, and the angel eyes being angular doesn't help. It's starting to remind me of a cheap american car with all the angularity and snub nosed wide eyed look and that's not a good thing.

Anyways I'm really hoping that they ditch all the new design features from the front wheels forward in the F80 M3 and just make a 80% sized M5. I would like if they even did that literally.

I also feel like part of this craziness with BMW's new designs is that they are trying to make each model look recognizably different... by progressively making the smaller models more cross eyed.

Am I the only one who feels this way or are people really that into BMW's new design direction here?

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0