View Single Post
      01-29-2024, 10:17 AM   #11
KnighTT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 - 2011 E92 335is

Well, it was a productive weekend.

- Coil-overs installed. I always like to follow a good video on these and KIES had a great one and notes on torque specs. Install was easy it just took time. Gave me an excuse to finally pick up a 3/8 compact impact wrench for the next larger project. I've got everything else....not sure why I had gone so long without it.

I'll drop the car down in the next couple days to let it settle and look at ride height and then adjust. My goal is to get it close to current ground clearance as any lower and I'm always going to be paranoid about my front lip.

- Stainless steel brake lines are in. This install was a breeze. The E92 rear lines are a pain without access and the right tool. The F82 lines take about 5 minutes each to swap. Plus the fluid doesn't leak like a faucet. Fashioned a plug with a rubber stopper and a hole drilled in it just to keep the floor clean.

ECS SS kit fits exactly like stock. I think the whole kit was only $118.

- Bled the brake fluid and refilled. Easy as pie with a pressure bleeder. That was money well spent on my last build.

- Got the new PS Z26 ceramic carbon pads installed. Man do I love how easy a Brembo makes a brake job.

My plan is to use these as a higher performance all-around pad. PS ceramic are perfect a quiet ride, low dust, and would be fine for a fun run up in the mountains for a few hours. I'm not sure how they will handle under a heavy all day rally load so I am going to test them on a one day Dragon Rally in March. I had issues in the last rally and that was clear when I pulled the current pads off to just find regular OEM grade pads. No surprises there. When they got hot they yelled at me.

I ran a three day event on a lower spec ceramic PS pad in my E92 and they were outstanding but this is a different car and different setup. If they give me any concerns I'll step up to the PST track pad set for events and call it a day.

Next is to adjust ride height, check clearances, and then rig up my alignment frames. Then I can dive into a string alignment and document the process.

I did install one other thing over the weekend but I'll document that in its own post. I did tell myself though this is the last upgrade for the year. It wasn't needed but man did I have to have it....
Appreciate 0