View Single Post
      03-19-2024, 11:04 AM   #1217
noemon
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Remeber having a nightmare of a time with the pins on my old c63 front caliper. Ended up having to cut and drill it out.
I thought it was going to be a nightmare so called my mate instead who took them out in a few minutes. He didn't use a drill, he basically used a tiny chisel, light tapping and lots of wd40, he was using the "chisel" very gently to basically get the wd40 all around the pins and with minimal power but lots of quick movement he managed to get them out flawleslly. He'd done it before on the same calipers.

Guy is insane, he is the only 22 year old lad that I actualy hang out with. I'm 40 this year.

He is the electrician in our business but a huge car enthusiast.

He is now building a very unique E34 with an F80 engine on his own.

Crisis averted.

It seems the pins had been shot for a while and that is why that side was squealing. I changed the brake pads because of that noise but when I took them off they were worn but still had a few months of life in them. The seized pin also destroyed the lamination on the disc so changed both discs in the end as well.

Note to self: next time you hear brake squeal it might just be the pins instead of the pads.
Appreciate 1