Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
lol, e46 definitely had a dome.

I don't see what the big deal is, the e46 and e9x had domes but the previous ones didn't. Yeah it makes it easier to tell apart, but theres no dome on an M5 and I'm pretty sure most people have no problem telling it apart from non -M.
Because M5s have never had a dome = not part of the heritage (they are designed to look more understated, not so the M3). Now a 'dome is part of the M3's design history and IMO needs to be there. And I for one don't want the bother of paying for it after-market (and maybe having a bad fit to-boot). BTW, does not have to be huge, the E46'd was subtle but effective.

If the M4 does not have one it's one reason I will be looking seriously at a 991 which continues the classic 911 design heritage (just continually updated).

And I respectfully disagree: most people can't distinguish a stock E9X from the E9X M3 (not that there's anything wrong with that). I have though had people come up and ask me if I have 'done up' the car and I have surprised them when I have said this is like this straight from the factory. All have admired the 'dome.

Last, the 'dome makes the M3 look more 'bootch'

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i

Last edited by Voltigeur; 11-12-2011 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0