04-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #16
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
I agree...the torque vectoring is great however it does still understeer more than I'd like; still the sports diff does give you more RWD-like characteristics. I love the awd in bad weather however this winter was pretty tame so I didn't get to enjoy its full potential. I'm loving the F80 so far and have been watching the news releases like a hawk. The reason I like the B8 RS5 is because the engine is a screamer V8 like the current M3. The interior is pretty much exactly the same as my S4 so no difference there. If both are going back to 6's next go-around, I'll most likely go with the M.
I won't even question the e92 m3 vs b8 rs5, the weight difference makes it a silly comparo. I'm really interested in the b9 hybrid drivetrain. Pretty much eliminate the complex center diff and use motors to drive the front wheels. If a 3.0TT is powering JUST the rear wheels, and motors are torque steering the front wheels in addition to an active rear diff, it will be hard to chose the M4 over the RS5.

I went with the B8.5 S4 over the F30 for a multitude of reasons, but BMW is really the car to beat here, the M3 holds THE crown, we'll have to wait and see...either way I'll have a badass sports car