View Single Post
      01-20-2015, 09:22 AM   #16
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
Your car is not safe with anyone. I recently took my M4 to an unnamed BMW dealership in the Chicago burbs and had a dashcam record a 20 year old looking technician get stuck in the snow with my car, take selfies with it, take it on an 8 mile 'test drive' and take it through an automated car wash after telling the service manager multiple times not to wash it.

I know none of this is especially bad (maybe the car wash), but I figured BMW would treat their M customers with more respect.
Maybe not especially bad, but this would piss me off. It seems nobody respects anybodies property anymore. I dropped off my F30 for a service appointment a couple of years ago and ran in to get some parts. When I came back out there were three techs standing around my car yukking it up. One of them was leaning on my trunk with both of his elbows talking to his buddies. I hate being "that guy", but I walked over and as calm as I could muster asked him to get off of my trunk because I put enough scratches in my own car by myself. An SA saw this and came over and got between us pretty quick. Like you said, not the end of the world, but very annoying and disrespectful.

Edit: I don't think I would of been as calm as you were about this after I watched the dash cam video. Good job on the restraint.

Last edited by minn19; 01-20-2015 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 0