Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
So a couple cool facts I learned today which although I'm sure have already been read but for me was new.

1. the steering wheel is made out of magnesium
2. The battery is a lithium battery which is 28lbs lighter then previous model
3. this is also the first M car that is lighter then its predecessor
4. The seats are not ventilated they are just for looks
5. the leather stitching will match the color of the interior you pick. Example if you go with SO you will have SO stitching
6. No center arm rest for the rear seats to save on weight
7. when you lock and unlock the doors the interior lights have a blueish tint to them then turn standard yellow/white after a few moments
8. the rear stock muffler tips are cut at a slant to give the car better rear clearance when going down slopes
9. the electric steering was formed based off porsche then BMW added to it and some experts are saying its the best on the market period.
10. the exhaust note run through the cabin is in fact from a microphone in the engine bay

there was a couple more things but I have to look on my notes which I left in my trunk.

All in all I was very impressed with this car and am very excited to get my hands on one and actually drive it!
Another cool note: No bushings for improved road feedback to the magnesium steering wheel (the same one from the M4 DTM). The chassis is more rigid as a result.