Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Yeah forget the GTS. Muchos $$$, impossible to get, likely not here until late spring 2016, relative uncomfortable and track focused.

If you are willing to go uncomfortable, don't mind some weight ( you like verts. ) and want huge power why not a GT-R? Otherwise the new Benz C63 offer big power potential and has a panorama roof, not full vert but closer. If your current car has 600 whp and you don't mind the handling shortcomings of a 335 vert. the M4 might not be the right car. It has a very good chassis but nowhere near the power potential of a GT-R or C63. The C63 should also feel more luxurious what I hear from people who have driven it. But make sure to drive an M4, it's a real M3 with excellent balance between chassis and engine and no real weakness. Great car.
Good input. I was hoping they made some power improvements for the M4 to pump up the turbos a bit adding 100 or so HP/TQ.. C63 is a possibility but I'm a manual transmission guy and would miss it greatly. The C7 Z06 is a 2 seater but verts with Z07 performance suspension and a few other goodies can be had for $85,000 new. GT-R is awesome but it's still more pricey and I'd have to go used. I'd spend the extra coin if it was worth it but I can't see myself doing that for a Nissan. Maybe a BMW or Merc.

Thanks for the input though. I guess the list is now-
M4, C63, Z06, GT-R. Tests drives will be coming in a few months. I'm looking at year end for this.
As awesome of performance as the GTR delivers - many reviews and former owners have complained that it is nowhere near as exciting to drive as its numbers suggest - and not a good daily driver (never driven one myself - I'm just the messenger).

That being said - you should still test drive all of the above to make sure you buy the car that you like best...
Appreciate 0