View Single Post
      07-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #98
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket328 View Post
Is it 100000000% confirmed they are going to call the coupe the M4??
Yes it is well known in the industry that the more sporting styles of the 3er - The Coupe , Cabrio and Gran Coupe will be designated as the BMW 4er.
The designation allows BMW to move the car further upmarket and charge a further premium.
The 4er family will also allow an eight model series under the F30 with Sedan , Touring and Gran Turismo seperated by the more sporting Coupe , Cabrio and Gran Coupe models.
The same with the BMW 2er - Coupe and Cabrio and potential four door would be split from the Sporthatch.

Quote:
I don't doubt that the wheels match the F8X spy car photos. Keep in mind though, that the original concept E90 M3 was presented with CSL style wheels and not final production wheels. Perhaps they are showing this car with sportier wheels - or they haven't decided on final wheels for the F32 yet? Who knows, I'm just as curious as everyone else!

A complete image of the car would certainly help out!
You have to understand that these details are not final. I have seen prototypes which have used older style BMW wheels because they are still under design finalisation. A lot of these early proposals are not actually cars some are essentially clay models or fibre-glass models for evaluations - it is purely work in progress.
At this stage details are not essentially important.