M4me
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCsquared View Post
You guys are pros at this...

My car finished production Monday morning (July 7th). I guess I should expect a late August pick up?
Wouldn't say "pro" but here's what I'm just going through (starting in June) but translated to your dates:

Jul 7 - finished production

Jul 9 - left factory - call your dealer to have them confirm this date. Get your VIN from the dealer at the same time.

Jul 9-15 - unknown status but presumably being rail transported to B'Haven and then parked at the big parking lot waiting for loading onto a car carrier. This will be the AIDA if you make the July 15 sailing. There is no status or record of where the car is during this week. Others seem to experience a longer wait (2 or even 3 weeks) which may be caused by the boat's being committed to other shipments (the boat carries more than just bimmers). This webcam shows you the parking lot

Jul 15/16 - the WW cargo tracking site shows that the car is on the boat. Put your VIN in the CARGO ID field (rightmost text box). This status showed up one full day after the boat left the port!

July 15-29 - travel to Halifax, you can track the boat's progress in coastal waters at this site. You'll need the boat's IMO number. Tracking is lost once the boat gets more that ~30-50Km from shore receiving stations

Jul 29-Aug 21?? - Allow 2-3 weeks for Canada shipping and dealer PDI. This is the stage my car's at and this is a rough estimate based on comments from others on this forum.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0