08-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #157
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
So strange. You act like BMW has some kind of choice when it comes to carbon emissions, fuel economy, etc. for their future cars. They don't. Which means if you want a powerful motor, and want to continue to sell cars globally, you must use some type of forced-injection.

As far as "soul" goes, have you driven the 2012 M5? I think if you did, it would change your mind about what makes a car's "soul"
We have had a ton of discussions on the boards around the fact that FI being needed for better fuel economy is something that BMW marketing has sold you on, Porsche seems to have no issues with emissions and gas mileage on their 911s without have to go FI.

BMW is doing it to cut costs and increase profits.

As far as the ///M5, no I have not, so I cannot comment one way or the other. But big power, does not mean "soul". Lots of cars have big power, so nothing special about an car with big power.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0