View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #73
meko
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - 535i Sport

It's very sad. "We" here on a forum are a very small percentage of the M car market and even "we" can't agree on what an M car should be. Yes I believe it should be a special lineup car true to its heritage, but as stated before "we" do not buy most of the M cars. Money and profit is all that matters to a company like it or not. BMW will make what the buyers are buying and demanding. I don't blame them, but I also don't like it. Using myself as an example, I don't buy new cars. I get them used with a manual and rear wheel drive. I like sliding it around and working to control it. I don't care as much about numbers like I used to. (Think GTR) I'll take high revving please with Motorsport lineage even if I never use it's full potential. (Although I track). BMW could care less what I think. I don't buy new. They sell an idea to people with money who want to be something they are not. This is the result of success. BMW has accomplished that with M, hence that letter on as many vehicles as possible. Man I love my current, used rwd, high revving, manual dinosaur.